Thursday, August 19, 2010

Lesson LEARNED...

Needless to say I have learned a few lessons while being married these past 3 months.
Such as.. If I do anything in the crockpot... I need to add water to the sauce so it doesn't burn to a crisp.
No matter how many times I put the toilet seat down in Ausin's bathroom.. its going to be up next time I see it. So give it up.
That broiling something in the oven is harder than it seems.
Febreze/Glade plug ins don't work well.
Painting is always a bigger project than I think it will be.

Well yesterday Austin and I both learned a lesson. Gum doesn't belong in the dryer.
I don't check the pockets of jeans. I feel I shouldn't have to. I check my pockets before I put them in the hamper, why can't he? {Right?}
I can just hear my mother saying this to me right now.. {Wrong!}
Wrong because when no one checks the pockets then disaster is bound to happen.

So I was doing my wifely duties and I put the jeans in the washer (without checking pockets of course) and when my washer played its cute little tune telling me it was done I came upstairs to move everything to the dryer and noticed a wrapper shredded to pieces. Yes, a gum wrapper. So I started searching for the piece of gum so that it wouldn't end up the dryer. I found it. Threw it away. Started the dryer.
At about 10:30 at night when I got around to taking the clothes out of the dryer I noticed something was stuck to the inside of my now empty dryer. You guessed it.. GUM. Not just one piece but probably two! The "damage" looked like it was the work of two pieces of gum not just one. How could I have missed TWO pieces of gum?! I didn't even know where to begin to get it off. I just sat there thinking "This is Bad". I called Austin up to assess the situation. He accepted responsibilty for not emptying his pockets {which no blame was given} and went to work scraping gum off. I had plucked off the two wads of gum already {the easy part} and he had the joy of scrubing the strands of gum melted to the dryer. We used a Magic Eraser {Miracle worker}, we tried using my cute flower dish scrubber and then finally resulted to using lysol wipes. Those things work wonders!


30 Minutes Later it was gum free!

Lesson Learned.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have the same problem... only he has work knives, markers, gum, wallet, money, MP3 player, and head phones in his pockets. And I never check. Because he's a big boy.

Also, using the Bounce dryer sheets and Shout/Resolve (yes, the spot spray stuff) works wonders with getting gum out of dryers. Just spray and scrub!

Christee and Austin said...

I have both of those sitting on top of the washer! I thought about trying shout but didn't think it would work! Thanks for the advice! Ü