Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A Work In Progress!

Its official! We're home owners! I closed on the house on June 16th and we've been busy working on it ever since! I didn't think there would be so much to do because its a brand new house.. but we found lots of things we wanted to add! Our parents helped a ton with moving in, hooking up water lines to the fridge, getting the central air conditioning to work, changing our garage code (not as easy as you'd think), putting handles on everything, and our master room project. We would be struggling without them! We feel so blessed to have parents live by us that are so willing to help us out with anything!

The move in mess! Man I didn't know I had SO MUCH STUFF!






We had to camp out downstairs while all the paint supplies were in our bedroom. In fact, we are still camping out downstairs because we are waiting for our new bed to come in. Luckily it's a pretty big room because now we have 2 couches, a tv stand and tv in that room!





The mess is all cleaned up now! I'm trying to get as many boxes as I can unpacked and put away each day! Its quite the project! I can't wait for everything to be in place and all the rooms put together! It feels like a never ending project!

Here is the bedroom project that we thought wouldn't be a big deal. Boy were we wrong. Thankfully Austin's parents helped us do it!













I never knew taping off a room was so time consuming and tedious!







Austin did 90% of the work. The only thing I wasn't kicked off of doing was taping and edging. Everything else.. Austin took over. Which was fine with me because it kept him busy while I unpacked!


Getting closer to being done!







Looks like he's having fun right?

TA DA! Finished! And so BEAUTIFUL!





I can't wait to have our beautiful bed in here!

Well that's what we've been up to the past week! I'll post pictures of the house when its all done!

1 comment:

Ninjas said...

This looks great...and makes me feel sad about my room....still haven't touched the walls....