Monday, March 22, 2010

Domestic Divas

Friday night I finally got to hang out with my Bestie Misha! She lives in Morgan and we both lead very busy lives so its hard to find time to play. Misha wanted to show me " A Night Out in Morgan" (as she called it) so we visited the Rees family at the Rees farm and then headed to Larry's Chicken Inn after. It was delicious! Our next plan was to head to Steph's for shakes but we were both so stuffed from dinner that we couldn't even imagine eating a shake! We headed back to her house to catch up with our girl talk and start our wedding project. A project that we didn't realize was going to take us literally FOREVER!

I decided I wanted to make these cute headbands for all my bridesmaids to wear. I had purchased a few from a salon I go to and thought they looked rather easy. I recruited my sweet maid of honor Misha to help me.


The Process:
*Rip Satin Fabric into 3 inch strips.
*Roll fabric and wrap around clock wise to look like a rosette.
*Hot glue rosette onto felt and cut out the felt around the rosette.
*Glue on pearl.
*Glue on two rosettes, leaf and tulle onto headband.
*Glue on another long strip of felt to hold everything together on headband.
Doesn't sound like much... but when you're doing multiple it is!

It took us a while to get started because we had to read the directions online, figure out the best way and direction to rip satin and get into the rythm of twisting the fabric to look like flowers. But once we got into the rythm of it not only was it about 11:30 pm, but we were starting to feel like accomplished domestic divas!

One thing we learned was that when you rip satin there is a good and bad to it. The good part is, it rips straight, the bad thing is.. it sheds strings EVERYWHERE and they stick to you for life!

When Misha lifted up her arm and I saw all that dreaded string stuck under her armpit I died laughing and couldn't resist taking a picture! After staying up till about 2:30 am we were FINALLY finished! We had so much fun laughing and talking and being creative with our headbands. Although I have decided that being a domestic diva is HARD WORK! I'm so grateful to have such a wonderful and creative Bestie! She is one of the most creative people I know! I'm so lucky to have her as a maid of honor and that she has a sweet husband who will share her with me till 2:30 am!












2 comments:

Amanda said...

Those are cute girls! I can't wait to wear one!

Walls said...

oh man i dunno about this! haha they look cute though!